First of all, thanks for Lucida tips... It work now with my debian install of texlive 2005.

I'm working now on the layout and structure of my phd thesis. Due to the fact that my thesis is in french I need to setup indentation of the first paragraph and I've got a problem with \setupindenting \indenting

I have followed the structure given in cont-eni.pdf :

______________________________phd.tex_begin
%% Set output to pdf
\setupoutput[pdftex]
%% Activate txt in METAPOST
\useMPlibrary[txt]
%% Activate colors
\setupcolors[state=start]

% fr settings
\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
\enableregime[il9]
\useencoding[ffr]
\mainlanguage[fr]

% Fonts
\usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
\loadmapfile[ec-bh-lucida.map]
\usetypescript[lucida][ec]
\setupbodyfont[lucida]

\startproject phd

\environment phdenv
\product     phdprod

\stopproject
______________________________phd.tex_end

______________________________phdend.tex_begin
\startenvironment phdenv

\setupwhitespace[big]
\setupindenting[first,medium]
\indenting[first,always]
\setupfootertexts[part][chapter]

\stopenvironment
______________________________phdend.tex_end

______________________________phdprod.tex_begin
\startproduct phdprod

\project phd

\startfrontmatter
\completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\component first
\component second
\stopbodymatter

\startbackmatter
\completecontent
\stopbackmatter

\stopproduct

______________________________phdprod.tex_end

______________________________first.tex_begin
\startcomponent first

\part{One}
\completecontent
\chapter{First}

\section{Section1}
This is a cut-down version of the below Unicode Symbols package,
designed to be simple and usable with any pdfTeX-centric \ConTeXt\
installation. Little installation, minimal usage effort, and you gain
over a hundred symbols for use in ConTeXt. The PDF file documents how
to use the PDF native ZapfDingbats font along with a catalogue of the
available symbols, and the zip file includes all that's necessary for
an installation, including a modified encoding, a tfm file, and a
ConTeXt support file. No Unicode knowledge necessary.

This is a cut-down version of the below Unicode Symbols package,
designed to be simple and usable with any pdfTeX-centric \ConTeXt\
installation. Little installation, minimal usage effort, and you gain
over a hundred symbols for use in ConTeXt. The PDF file documents how
to use the PDF native ZapfDingbats font along with a catalogue of the
available symbols, and the zip file includes all that's necessary for
an installation, including a modified encoding, a tfm file, and a
ConTeXt support file. No Unicode knowledge necessary.

\chapter{Second}
Another test text.

\completeindex

\stopcomponent

As you can see I use
\setupindenting[first,medium] and \indenting[first,always] in my phdenv environment but the first paragraph in my output file isn't indented. I have tried local invocation of \setupindenting or \indenting as \par but nothing works...

What's wrong ?

I suspect that I need to improve my ConTeXt practice...

I have got my ConTeXt working with Y&Y Lucida on GNU Linux Debian + TeXlive2005, I can send my installation trace if it can help for contextgarden wiki...

Best regards,