Zeljko Vrba wrote:

> A motivation and idea that came to mind while writing a post to
> comp.text.tex:
>
> ==
> Then again, most (all?) of publishers require Latex source, if my
> document ever makes it that far.. And Latex has nicer source code
> formatting than Context. so I'm really split between Latex and
> Context..
>
> None of them individually fit all (I admit, vague) requirements..
> Context being able to chew up Latex .cls files and still allowing for
> its advanced formatting directives, long tables, and other goodies
> would be a perfect match.
> ==

We were planning on using Vim for preprocessing things like this instead
of hacking TeX to do the lexing.  I think Mojca (?) had some ideas for
this and perhaps even a simple implementation, and given that there is
now structured support for preprocessing in texexec I think that this
can be done quite easily.  A lot easier than writing something in TeX.

        nikolai