Patrick Gundlach wrote:
Hi,

In my account, ConTeXt works no prob, I got a perfect PDF.
My problem occurs when I run ConTeXt via web, under Apache's user of course.
How to trace ConTeXt run under web server ?

Reversing the order will hopefully give a clue on how to proceed:
make ConTeXt create mpgraph.mp first, then the other one. If that
gets you past the error (and into a similar error: test-mpgraph.mp),
then it is probably a  number of open files limit problem. Here is
the relevant macro, with the order already adjusted :

\def\initializeMPgraphics
  {\bgroup
   \ifx\bufferprefix\empty\else
     \let\bufferprefix\empty
     \initializeMPgraphicfile
   \fi
   \egroup
   \initializeMPgraphicfile }

I'd guess it is pretty much impossible to trace under a webserver. Can
you install the same environment on a local computer? Then you could
strace any process.

You can try to add --passon='-kpathsea-debug=4' in the texexec
call. All the kpathsea debug output should end up in your apache
error_log (the number 4 is for fopen/fclose traces).

Perhaps this is a problem with php? Did you try running this via cgi?

If you are lucky, there may be some hint in your global or local
apache error file.

Good luck,

Taco