Hans Hagen a écrit :
Renaud AUBIN wrote:

Hi all,

I'm starting writting my phd thesis with ConTeXt in french. According to the fact that I'll write it in french, I need to design a specific style and consequently, I'll surely submit style-related questions soon.

Some advices ?

just ask -)

since there is a basic layout defined,

\starttext

\chapter{whatever}

your thesis

\stoptext

is a starting point; define the style as you go.

Hi Hans,

I'm working on it now, I've build my document following a complete structure (project, environment, products, components) as described in the manual, well done...
The layout is now as I want using \setuplayout.
Currently, I'm working on title. I've found the \setuplabeltext[fr][chapter=Chapitre] command to customize chapter name but then, I will draw a line or graphics under my chapter title and don't know how to deal with properly.

Moreover, I experienced some problems with TOC and the use of \title for my introduction chapter (I don't want numbering on this).
Eventually, how can I bypass header or footer for a chapter page ?

Thanks, up to now I'm very pleased with ConTeXt, METAFUN and METAPOST !!!