Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

Hello,

I found that \footnote cannot work correctly as I expected.
Here is my source file:
%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
%\loadmapfile[gbk]
%\usemodule[chinese]
\setuppagenumbering[location=inright]
\setupbodyfont[lbr,12pt]
\setupindenting[big,yes]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupbackground[state=start,background=screen,cornor=round]
\setupinterlinespace[line=20pt]

\starttext

\startbackground
some words \footnote{ some words some words some words some words some
words some words some words some words some words}
\stopbackground

\stoptex
%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This file can compile successfully and produce a pdf file, but if you try to
compile this file on your system you will find that the footnote
disappeared.

I'm using the latest version(2005.12.01).

Is this a bug ?
no, a side effect, (no inserts in boxes)

best use textbackgrounds (or some wrapper like:

\unprotect

\definetextbackground
 [\??ag]
 [\c!location=\v!text,
  \c!corner=\v!round,
  \c!state=\v!stop,
  \c!framecolor=black]

\def\setupbackground{\setuptextbackground[\??ag]}
\def\startbackground{\starttextbackground[\??ag]}
\def\stopbackground {\stoptextbackground}

\protect

\setupbackground[state=start,background=color,cornor=round]