Hi wizards!

I'm reworking my setup of Apostrophe's huge "Republika" font clan and reckognized that handwriting (hw) doesn't accept style switches; the following doesn't work:

\starttypescript    [handwriting]    [republika1-cond]    [name]
    \definefontsynonym    [Handwriting]        [RepublikaCnd-Sketch]
\definefontsynonym [HandwritingItalic] [RepublikaCnd- Sktech-Italic]
    \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBold]        [RepublikaCnd-Haze]
\definefontsynonym [HandwritingBoldItalic] [RepublikaCnd- Haze-Italic] \definefontsynonym [HandwritingRegularBlack][RepublikaCnd- Shatter] \definefontsynonym [HandwritingItalicBlack] [RepublikaCnd- Shatter-Italic]
    \definefontvariant    [Handwriting] [black] [Black]
    \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingSlanted]    [HandwritingItalic]
\definefontsynonym [HandwritingBoldSlanted] [HandwritingBoldItalic]
\stoptypescript

I always get only the "plain" font (Handwriting).
I need rm, ss and tt for other purposes.
Could the font mechanism get enhanced?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/