Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> > What exactly is the ConTeXt alternative to LaTeX's \mathbf (switch to
> > bold or bold italic math fonts)?
>
> I can't help you here, but did you read http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
> Bold_Math ?

I tried a couple of tricks, but none of them resulted in bold italic iwona.
If I use the default font (cm), \bfm does nothing, \bf and \bi work.

I'm also able to get the complete formula typeset in bold iwona, but I
don't know how to get something like $-{\bf\nabla}\phi={\bi E}$, where
\phi would be typeset in iwona-light and the rest in iwona-heavy for
example.

The best I can get are bold (italic) cm fonts at that place.

Some examples in the manual simply switch the "fontface" within the
formula, but I'm a bit lost in many instructions. Seems like I forgot
some definitions, but I don't know which ones since some examples in
the manuals work because there are some other definitions already
present in the core.
(I will play a bit more, perhaps I'll find a solution somehow.)

Thanks,
    Mojca