With curiosity, does your typescripts for Gentium support T5 encoding ? :) We use Gentium ok for Vietnamese utf-8 here (Openoffice, Abiword,....)
and it will be nice if you could provide vietnamese support ... :)

My type scripts always use \defaultencoding - that's not always the best,
but mostly... (One could use a list of appropriate encodings instead.)

I don't yet provide support files for t5 encoding, only ex, texnansi and qx. But it would be no problem to make them for Gentium (and other fonts that
contain the glyphs).

But I must think about a better structure of my fonts list before...
(http://www.fiee.net/texnique/?menu=0-1-4)

Ok, Gentium is now online including t5 encoding. (That's not yet mentioned on the page.)

Now, Gentium also contains Greek glyphs, and some other fonts contain Cyrillic. Which encoding should I provide for these scripts? (Only one for each, if possible!)

Is there any way how I could automatically detect, how much of some encoding a font covers? E.g. check a font (TTF, OTF, AFM?) against texnansi, ec, qx, t5, t2a... and make the files for it if most of the slots could be filled.

Something completely different: I'm looking for an idea how I could automatically create a small font preview (one line) as a bitmap.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/