On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> > Hi Hans,
> >
> > Thanks for all the help. I have progressed a lot with the tips you gave
> > me. Now, I have two problems:
> >
> > 1) I can run "texmfstart newtexexec.rb --autopdf --pdf myfile.tex" from
> > Windows command line, but when I click on Build in SciTE's Tools menu, it
> > says: "THe system cannot find the file specified." I don't which file it
> > is mentioning.
>
> It can't find texmfstart. You need to have the TeXLive binary
> directory in your global path (perhaps through autoexec.bat, but
> windows is too long ago for me to be certain about that).

Hi Taco,
Thanks for the hint. TeXLive binary directory and all the ConTeXt script
directory are in windows path and I can run and compile a sample ConTeXt
file from windows command line. Should I copy all those perl and ruby
scripts from their original location to TeXLive's bin folder, although
they are in the Path?

The problem is that SciTE can't find these
commands. Apparently, installing and configuring SciTE to work in Windows
is not as easy as Linux or other Unix-based OSs.

> > 2) I have copied the scite-ctx.properties file to SciTE's path, but I
> > still dont' get the wrapping and other ctx functionality.
>
> You have to add a new line containing
>
>       import context
>
> to the bottom of the Global or User Options file in SciTE
>
> And you have to copy <texmf>/scripts/context/lua/scite-ctx.lua to
> the SciTE path as well.

I have done that already according to what Hans said. I have all
cont-*.properties files in SciTE's path and alson context.properties and
scite-ctx.lua in the same path. I have added the line "import context" to
the end of Global options files.

Still doesn't work. And even when I compile my test file from Windows
command line, some of the fonts are missing in the PDF file.

I really appreciate your patience and time.

Regards,

Hooman