Berend de Boer wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm again hit by the disapperance of the Adoboe default fonts. When I
> create a PDF document, I get the Nimbus (urw) fonts, instead of the
> Adobe.

The final remapping is done in 8r-base.map, as far as I can see
(in dvi mode the font 'phvr8t' is used).

If you actually have the Adobe binary font files, I suggest copying
Hans' 8r-base to a different directory such that it will be found
before the distributed one, and change the 'u' pfb names to 'p' pfb
names in the copy.

If you do _not_ have the Adobe binary fonts, then I am afraid you
have to learn to live with the URW versions. These days, a
non-embedded Helvetica seems to imply the use of Adobe Sans MM,
and I've had a production PDF rejected by a printing house because
of that.

> updmap --edit gives:
>
>   LW35 ADOBEkb
>   pdftexDownloadBase14 false

updmap is irrelevant, ConTeXt comes with its own map files.

Cheers, Taco