Hi,

See attachment. The final value of the "align=" list is repeated
for any leftover columns, and align=middle is default, of course.

Cheers, taco

PS The alignment preamble uses \hskip instead of \tabskip, because
that was the only solution I could find that does all intercolumn
spacing correct while still allowing endlessly repeating columns.

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to have allow math matrix column alignments to be configurable, on the lines of align={left,left} of \startalign.
I want to be albe to say

\startformula
  \startmatrix[align={right,left}]
   \NC x \NC = a + d \NR
   \NC y \NC = d     \NR
  \stopmatrix
\stopformula

to give me
  x = a + d
  y = d

This is a contrived example. The actual equation that I want to type is

\startformula
   \text{Let }{\cal R} = \bigcup_{P_{X_1},P_{X_2}} \left\{
   (R_1, R_2) :
   \startmatrix[distance=0.1em]
     \NC \hfill R_1       \NC < I(X_1 ; Y \mid X_2) \hfill \NR
     \NC \hfill R_2       \NC < I(X_2 ; Y \mid X_1) \hfill \NR
     \NC \hfill R_1 + R_2 \NC < I(X_1,X_2 ; Y) \hfill      \NR
   \stopmatrix\right\}
\stopformula

All these manual hfills look ugly.

Is matrix the wrong way to go about this? Should we rather have a aligned environment like amsmath? Or is there a simple alternative that I have overlooked?

Thanks
Aditya