On 2/28/06, Martin Kolařík wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have problem with chars encoding now; I have updated ConTeXt sometimes in
> January; before the time I was using old (year) version. In this
> prehistorical version the problem was not present.
>
> What is the stuff? The following code generates content with titles without
> spaces -- accented characters are replaced with \char XXX variant, so during
> reading TUI line TeX gobbles a space after XXX as a part of <number> syntax
> rule.
>
> Can I do something? With encoding? With XML?

Encoding has "nothing" to do with it. I don't really understand the
\[un]expanded commands in TeX, but this part could theoretically be
problematic:
 {\expanded
    {\section{\XMLflush{title}}}}

Consider the following (encoding-independent) minimal example, just in
case that this can help any of the gurus to understand the problem:

\defineXMLenvironment
 [chapter]
 {\defineXMLsave[title]}
 {\expanded
    {\section{\XMLflush{title}}}}

\starttext
\startbuffer
<chapter>
 <title>$a+b$</title>
</chapter>
\stopbuffer

\processXMLbuffer
\placecontent[criterium=all]
\stoptext

The entry in TOC is different from the title (one is in math mode and
the other one writen with dollars - literally).

Mojca