Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> > Here \figuremacro figures out (sorry) that narrow figures go in the
> > margin and wide figures go at the top of the page.  But the page will
> > look funny: The narrow figure will be numbered, say, Figure 10, and
> > the wide figure will be Figure 11, but Figure 11 will appear before
> > Figure 10 on the page.  Which is disconcerting to the reader.
> >
> this 'choose between locations' feature is kind of present but only with
> 'here' as fallback but it's trivial to make that configurable:

[useful code snipped]

Thanks very much -- I'll work through the code and learn some conTeXt to
boot.

> no, actually floats will be renumbered automatically unless nocheck is
> given; the problem is that the order in which margins etc flush plays
> a role then.
>
> I can imagine another solution but i need a dark rainy non-busy day
> for that

Taco's msg about no meaning yes made me wonder: what's the special case
or problem you were thinking of?

Perhaps Holland in the winter can offer the dark, rainy day (just like
here in Boston, USA) but the 'non-busy' may be more difficult.

-Sanjoy

`A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.'
   - Bertrand de Jouvenal