On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:52:33 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> It seems to be related to some font loading stuff, since when I don't
>> put
>> \ss I haven't this. So, if I put the following in the test I have no
>> more
>> the problem.
>>
> strange, here it shows twice the same size
>
> \starttext
> {\tracingall\setbox0\hbox{\ss 99}\the\wd0}
> \stoptext
>
> may give some info where a blank space (or so) creeps in

Ok, you don't need to waste your time with this minor thing (that you
cannot reproduce). Within the long verbose log there is:

{into \box0=
\hbox(8.333+0.0)x15.66658 []}
{vertical mode: \setbox}
{entering hbox group (level 2) at line 2}

In fact a second setbox after gives:

{leaving hbox group (level 2) entered at line 2}
{changing \box0=
\hbox(8.333+0.0)x15.66658 []}
{into \box0=
\hbox(8.333+0.0)x11.74997 []}
{vertical mode: end-group character }}

If you are still interested I can send you the full bzipped log (15KB),
but you can stay at this step since I've an easy workaround. Thanks for
your patience.

Regards,
BG