On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:17:01 -0700, Johannes Graumann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> \starttext
>> \stoptext
> And so the aggressive newbie gets to eat his words .. ;0) Thank you.

I've also played with latex tables, and really the context ones are much
more powerfull and consistent.

> There
> is, however on feature missing in your example:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]@{}}
>                 ^^^       ^^^
>
> Will yield the horizontal lines aligned with the start/end of the table
> lines - no column spacing at the beginning and end of each row. Any
> pointers on how to emulate this with TABLE?

I'm not sure how it should be achieved. Maybe one of these settings fit
your need:

% with overlay the frame rules are within the table;
% it's ok, but the table lines start a bit before the top/bottom rule
\framed[frame=off,topframe=on,bottomframe=on,offset=overlay,rulethickness=2pt]\bgroup%
\setupTABLE[frame=on]%
\setupTABLE[row][1,2][rulethickness=0.5pt,bottomframe=on]%
\bTABLE[columndistance=10pt]%

% seems ok but should we play with border margins like this?
\framed[frame=off,topframe=on,bottomframe=on,offset=none,rulethickness=2pt]\bgroup%
\setupTABLE[frame=on]%
\setupTABLE[row][1,2][rulethickness=0.5pt,bottomframe=on]%
\bTABLE[columndistance=10pt,leftmargindistance=-2pt,rightmargindistance=-2pt]%

Regards,
BG