Vit Zyka wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> � wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>> I would like to clip an external eps-figure as LaTeX does with the clip
>>> option.
>>>
>>> Please consider the attachment as an example for en eps with white border
>>> and the following LaTeX and ConTeXt code:
>>>
>>> \starttext % no clipping possible here
>>> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>>
>>> \externalfigure[test-img][width=0.5\textwidth]
>>>
>>> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> \documentclass{article}
>>> \usepackage{graphicx}
>>> \begin{document} % here the white border is clipped away
>>> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>>
>>> \includegraphics[clip,width=0.5\textwidth]{test-img}
>>>
>>> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>> \end{document}
>>>
>>> Or is there already such (undocumented) feature?
>>>

>> \clip[nx=10,ny=20,x=2,y=4]{}
>>
>> and alike (grep for clip)
>>
>> Hans
>>

> Peter was asking for something different, I believe.
>
> \clip do the thing well but you have to measure a bb somewhere, e.g. in
> GhostView. Since \externalfigure have to know bb then an option 'clip'
> can do that without manual measuring. There might be even en extension:
> apart from 'clip' option there could also be 'bb=10 20 100 200' option
> for overwritting original boundingbox. Clipping a figures would be a bit
> more strightforward.

i dunno what the intended effect is but here's an example

\starttext

\startuseMPgraphic{test}
draw fullcircle scaled 4cm withpen pencircle scaled 1cm ;
setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox fullcircle scaled 4cm ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\ruledhbox{\useMPgraphic{test}}

\vskip3cm

\ruledhbox{\clip{\useMPgraphic{test}}}