Karsten Heymann wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> if a float is too wide it will be moved around; wide floats spanning
>> columns and text flowing around it is not one of the strong points of
>> normal columns
>>

> At least I didn't overlook something simple :)
>
> Is there any easy fix to prevent the "table" from disapperaring when I
> uncomment the \input knuth?
>
> % -*- mode: context; coding: latin-9-unix; -*-
>
> \setuplayout [grid=yes]
>
> \definecolumnset[example]
> \setupfloat[table][width=\makeupwidth]
>
> \starttext
> \startcolumnset[example]
>
> \input knuth
> %\input knuth
>
> \placetable{Tabelle}
>   \framed[width=\makeupwidth,height=4cm]{Hallo}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \input knuth
>
> \stopcolumnset
> \stoptext

well, you can't blame knuth for that one ... the problem is that the
graphix is oved to a next page already but that page has no content

\unprotect

\def\OTRSETflushleftovers
  {\OTRSETdoifcellelse{1}{1}
     {\bgroup
      \OTRSETcentergridcells
      \chardef\OTRSETbalancemethod\plusone
      \OTRSETreducegridbox
      \global\setbox\OTRfinalpagebox\OTRSETmakegridbox
      \global\ht\OTRfinalpagebox\textheight % signals output
      \OTRSETdofinaloutput
      \globallet\OTRSETbalht\zeropoint
      \egroup}
     {}}

\def\stopcolumnset
  {\relax
   \ifnum\columnsetlevel=\plusone
     \endgraf % needed, else wrong vsize in one par case
     \global\chardef\OTRSETfinish\plusone
     % no, extra page \pagebreak % (test on pascal toc)
     \dostopcolumnset
     \egroup
     \global\notelimittrue % brrr, untested and fuzzy
     \setvsize
     \sethsize
     \ifvoid\OTRfinalpagebox\else
       % probably balanced
       \ifdim\ht\OTRfinalpagebox<\textheight
         \snaptogrid[\v!page]\hbox{\box\OTRfinalpagebox}%
       \else
         \box\OTRfinalpagebox
       \fi
     \fi
     \global\chardef\OTRSETfinish\zerocount
     \ifsomefloatwaiting \setvsize \pagebreak \setvsize \fi
     \OTRSETflushleftovers %% ADDED
   \else
     \egroup
   \fi
   \decrement\columnsetlevel\relax}

\protect

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \definecolumnset[example] \showgrid

\starttext
    \startcolumnset[example]
        \input knuth \endgraf \input knuth