hmm, on Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:11:23PM +0200, Hans Hagen said that
> > Warning: pdfetex (file
> > /usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/original-base.map):
> > invalid entry for `fmvr8x': font file missing
> >
> > It works if i remove (or rename) the dvipdfm directory.
> >
> > What can i do to have ruby thing working, and pdftex fonts used instead of
> > dvipdfm ones?
> >
> your texmf.cnf file should contain:
>
> TEXFONTMAPS   =
> .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//;$TEXMF/{$progname,pdftex,dvips}/{config,}//
>
> as long as we have no uniform map file syntax, progs needs to be able to
> find their own map files

i just did:

# rm -r /usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context
# rm -r /usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/context
# texhash

aren't these files awfully old anyway?  are they needed?
as cont-lm is not needed anymore i thought these are obsolete files...

-f
--
light doesn't emit energy; it emits little dark eaters