On 5/11/06, Alex Mikhalev wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am struggling to get a utf support for Context on mac working with
> cyrrilic (Russian).
> I am using this example:
> \enableregime[utf]
> \useencoding[cyr]
> \definetypeface [russian]
>   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]
>
> \setupbodyfont[russian]
> \starttext
> Мама и Папа % Some Russian characters
> \stoptext
> taken from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian
> And it produces pdf with words:
> 1
> Mama i Papa

There was a similar thread not so long time ago (Cyrillic glyphs
display problem with standalone ConTeXt distribution under win32).

Can you try the following example?

\enableregime[utf]

\usetypescript [map] [computer-modern] [t2a]
\usetypescript [serif,sans,mono,math] [computer-modern] [default,name,size,t2a]
\setupbodyfont [modern]

\starttext
тестируем юникод
\stoptext

[keep pressing enter in case there are some TFM files missing on your
computer, ie. in the case of messages like \*7ptrmbf=labx0700 not
loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.]

I don't know why the definitions have to be so long, but that's
another topic anyway.

Perhaps it would make sense to add TFM's to the distribution, but it
doesn't need to be together with the rest. Something like an extended
cont-fnt.zip for cyrillic would probably be enough.

Mojca