On Fri, 19 May 2006 15:00:31 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It took me quite some time to extract the following sequence from a 300p
>> book, that makes the compilation hang. It looks like if it's in an
>> infinite loop, but I don't know what happens. It seems related to the
>> interaction of float, verbatim, and background stuff.
>>
>> I thought it was a local resource problem (few memory on my machine) but
>> trying the code in live context never gave something either (i hope it
>> is
>> not still running!).
>>
>> What's wrong in my definitions/setups to have such a behaviour?
>>
> backgrounds inside a float ... not the ideal combination (some otr
> intereference),

What does mean otr?

> but how about:

Yes, replacing background by a framedtext works fine. In fact I used that
(and the 300 pages book compiled fine :-) but I changed to background to
allow the code portions to split in several pages (when put in normal text
flow). But if you say that background should be avoided in floats i'll use
the framed typing definition for floats (that cannot split anyway).

BTW, is there other known unsafe combinations to avoid?

Thanks,
BG