At 09:52 AM 5/25/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>When you run ". setuptex <your_texroot_path>" you should end up with
>
>TEXFORMATS='$TEXMFOS/web2c/{$engine,}'

Ouch!  I got bit by something left over from yesterdays failed
attempt.  Fixing that, everything is working.  In Summary:

How I installed Context in /usr/local on Redhat EL WS v4 using BASH:

Verify that the native RedHat version of tetex is not installed on
your system; it is not compatible with Contex:

rpm -q tetex
rpm -q tetex-afm
rpm -q tetex-doc
rpm -q tetex-dvilj
rpm -q tetex-dvips
rpm -q tetex-fonts
rpm -q tetex-latex
rpm -q tetex-xdvi

If any of these packages are installed use rpm -e package-name to erase them.

download http://www.pragma-ade.nl/context/install/justtex.zip
download http://www.pragma-ade.nl/context/install/linuxtex.zip
move both files to /usr/local
cd /usr/local
unzip justtex.zip
unzip linuxtex.zip
cd tex
chmod +x setuptex (may not be necessary)
./setuptex /usr/local/tex (may want to add to .bash_profile or save
the script as /etc/profile.d/setuptex.sh and hard coding the value of
TEXROOT in the script.)
mkdir $VARTEXMF
cd texmf
download http://www.pragma-ade.nl/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
mv cont-tmp.zip to the current directory ($TEXROOT/texmf)
unzip -o cont-tmf.zip
cd $TEXMFOS/bin
chmod +x *
chmod -x xpdfsuite.zip