On 5/26/06, Neal Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This morning, when I try to run texexec, texmfstart gets stuck in the
> loop at line 262.
>
> It seems that in my thrashing around yesterday I made some transient
> change to the environment (I shut this system down at night).  Any
> idea what that is?  I also applied a kernel patch, so I suppose that
> could also be the problem.

If a kernel patch breaks TeX I'd expect lots of other stuff to break as well.

It is easy to manually set one of the variables from texsetup and
forget to record the change somewhere that will survive reboots.  Did
you source texsetup manually (in the tex directory?

What do you get for "ruby `kpsewhich -format=texmfscripts texexec.rb`
...", which bypasses
texmfstart.rb, where you can try ...=--check, etc.?

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia