Matthias Weber wrote:
> Thanks Taco (and Hans),
>
> replacing the
>
> TEXFONTMAPS =
>
> line
>
> in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
>
> by all the stuff below does indeed work (even with today's beta). Is
> there an incantation I could use
> so that Gerben's iinstaller does this automatically? I want to talk
> somebody into using ConTeXt
> (on a Mac), and this person is even less educated in this kind of
> surgery than I am.

Just tell Gerben what is needed and what works ... this map directive has to be
set anyway (it was discussed soem time ago with KB and it will / has ended up
in tex live already)

gerben: these lines make running multiple tex engines in parallel less
troublesome (esp since xetex now provides two backends)

TEXFONTMAPS.dvipdfm  = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{dvipdfm,dvips,}//
TEXFONTMAPS.dvipdfmx = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{dvipdfm,dvips,}//
TEXFONTMAPS.pdftex   = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{pdftex,dvips,}//
TEXFONTMAPS.pdfetex  = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{pdftex,dvips,}//
TEXFONTMAPS.xetex    = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{xetex,pdftex,dvips,}//
TEXFONTMAPS.dvips    = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{dvips,pdftex,}//

is a more verbose variant of:

TEXFONTMAPS   = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//

(given that the prognames are set)