On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some of you may have missed this, but I have posted a beta of the
> bibliographic module on http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib
>
> I would appreciate it if people that have documents with large
> bibliographies would download it and run their files. Some mayor
> stuff has changed, and I really need confirmation that I have not
> broken backward compatibility.

Something is wrong with alternative=num|num-fr. Consider

%------test.tex---------
\usemodule[bib]

\setuppublications[alternative=num]
% num-fr also does not work

\starttext
  The manual of bib||module is \cite[me].
\placepublications
\stoptext

%-------------------------------

%-------test.bbl------------------
\startpublication[k=me,
t=manual,
a=Hoekwater,
y=2006,
s=TH2006,
n=1,
u=http://contextgarden.net/Bibliography]
\author[]{Taco}[T.]{}{Hoekwater}
\title{\CONTEXT\ Publication Module, The user documententation}
\pubyear{2006}
\note{In case you didn't know: it's the document you are reading now}
\pages{14}
\stoppublication

The output looks like

The manual of bib--module is [1].

[] Taco Hoekwater ConTEXt Publication Module, The user
documententation. 14p.
In case you didn’t know: it’s the document you are reading now.