Duncan Hothersall wrote:

> I agree the above works, but when I use Arabic fonts and content it
> doesn't seem to.

still puzzling

things like this (imo) conform that the ability to typeset in multiple
directions not means that one claim to have a multilingual tex

the problem is that there's always a mixture between this auto r/l stuff and
explicit r/l stuff and one never knows (also depends on the otp's it seems)
what happens: now we can have situations that the input parser reverse things
that are already reversed and one never knows why/where (since those opt's have
kind of unpredictable side effects (apart from bugs - i just ran out of mem
again)

figure [num1] . [num2] . [num3]

should come out as

 [num3] . [num2] . [num1] erugif

depending on when an otp decides that it should stop we get something else In
any case, the num snippets needs to be otp'd in order to get proper arab, at
the same time there's this *dir stuff, ...

(omega was never made for such things, only simple docs with straightforward
input, not too much macro package stuff involved)