Taco, Mojca,

Thanks, on my Mac OSX 10.4.6 with Gerben's TeX, I:

cd /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/scripts/context/ruby/
sudo chmod -R a+x *.rb

Then I wrote in .bash_profile:

alias texmfstart='/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/scripts/context/
ruby/texmfstart.rb'

Now I have:

chapter1 $ texmfstart --help
version  : 2.0.0 - 2003/2006 - www.pragma-ade.com

usage    : texmfstart [switches] filename [optional arguments]

switches : --verbose --report --browser --direct --execute --locate --
iftouched --ifchanged
            --program --file --page --arguments --batch --edit --
report --clear
            --make --lmake --wmake --path --stubpath --indirect --
before --after
            --tree --autotree --environment --showenv

example  : texmfstart pstopdf.rb cow.eps
            texmfstart --locate examplex.rb
            texmfstart --execute examplex.rb
            texmfstart --browser examplap.pdf
            texmfstart showcase.pdf
            texmfstart --page=2 --file=showcase.pdf
            texmfstart --program=yourtex yourscript.rb arg-1 arg-2
            texmfstart --direct xsltproc kpse:somefile.xsl somefile.xml
            texmfstart --direct ruby rel:wn-cleanup-1.rb oldfile.xml
newfile.xml
            texmfstart bin:xsltproc env:somepreset path:somefile.xsl
somefile.xml
            texmfstart --iftouched=normal,lowres downsample.rb normal
lowres
            texmfstart --ifchanged=somefile.dat --direct processit
somefile.dat
            texmfstart bin:scite kpse:texmf.cnf
            texmfstart --exec bin:scite *.tex
            texmfstart --edit texmf.cnf
            texmfstart --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
            texmfstart --serve

            texmfstart --stubpath=/usr/local/bin [--make --remove] --
verbose all
            texmfstart --stubpath=auto [--make --remove] all

I can now run:

chapter1 $ texmfstart texexec section1.tex

Is there anything else I should do now?