Frank,

I am also trying to do a similar project. My way not be a good one, but
here is how I am trying to do it.

  Basically, I use columnsets (see manual columns.pdf from PRAGMA) to
typeset my newsletter. I am using a 3 column layout and want a column
containing the "Table of Contents" on the right side (3rd column).

  \definecolumnset[example][n=3]
  \setupcolumnsetlines[example][1][3][-50] % From Page 1, Column 3,
                                         % remove 50 lines
                                         % I will put the TOC on
                                         % Column 3

  \starttext

  \startcolumnset[example]
  \placefigure[fxtb:3*1]{none}{\framed[frame=off,
                        height=5cm,
                        width=\textwidth,
                        background=color,
                        backgroundcolor=yellow]{\blue\txx\placecontent}}
  \input Newsletter_Final

  \stopcolumnset

  \stoptext

Saji