On Jul 12, 2006, at 10:20, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> I more or less guess there are only a restricted number of overlays
>> possible? Could that be a correct conclusion?
>
> Whenever you say something like
>
>    \setupbackgrounds[page][background={foreground,#1}]
>
> you redefine the list of backgrounds that are applied to
> the (current) page. The last one that is in effect before
> the output routine is called is the one that wins this
> contest.

Thanks, I guess that is the case. If the number of \hpos's will not
overflow it shouldn't be a big problem. Can you confirm that all
these positional graphics are generated one by one, or are they
collected in a list that might overflow and one day cause me trouble?

> At least that is how I understood your example code.
> But (like I said earlier) could be mistaken about what
> it was supposed to do.
>
> Greetings, taco

met vriendelijke groet
Hans van der Meer