On Aug 16, 2006, at 11:27 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> I want to write a conference paper according to IEEE (latex) format,
> and this involves copying all the bad font choices in IEEEtran.cls
> (Times text, cm math, ughh...). I need smallcaps only for section
> titles, so right now I am doing a local switch to latin modern for the
> section titles. This is what IEEEtran.cls also does. Do you think that
> faking smallcaps from Times will look better? If so, how can I fake
> smallcaps?
>
> Thanks,
> Aditya

Faking is already implemented: \kap{foo} (see cont-eni, chapter 5.7).
You decide if this is uglier than using latin modern for section
titles. I have actually bought a couple of professional fonts, and
once you've seen the real McCoy, you'll find the fake ones repulsive.
But most people won't even realize, I guess.

HTH

Thomas