On 8/24/06, Jeff Smith wrote:
> On 8/24/06, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > - You need to install ImageMagic if you don't have it yet.
> >
> > - My files didn't want to compile either. I deleted everything and
> > installed ConTeXt from scratch (mswintex.zip, justtex.zip, XeTeX from
> > W32TeX + "ctxtools --update" + remake formats for XeTeX). Don't ask me
> > why it didn't work before (complained as in your case) - now it works
> > perfectly.
>
> I've followed this thread with interest.... What about the windows
> stand-alone distribution, here? Would it be any different? I installed
> ImageMagick and enabled the shell-escape, but I still get the dummy
> boxes.

Can you send the logs? The only explanation that I might have is that either:

- texmfstart.exe hasn't been updated for some time (cont-win.zip has
to be fetched and the old exe file has to be replaced every now and
then)

- or you need at least ConTeXt beta version 2006-08-16 (so you really
need to "ctxtools --update" or to unzip the latest beta over existing
files)

- which version of XeTeX do you use (I have 0.995, but I doubt that
some major change has been made recently; contrary: making "diff"
against the latest stable ConTeXt version resulted in a file of
approximate size 660 kB)

(I'm also working with the standalone distro on Windows.)

But what exactly do you mean by "I enabled the shell-escape"? Isn't it
enabled by default already (contrary to other distributions such as
MikTeXt)?

Mojca