On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Horacio Suarez wrote:
> Files are 1 bit Potoshop tif, or 8 bit photoshop tif or 8 bit gimp tif.

According to ConTeXt wiki (wiki.contextgarden.net), tif(f) is NOT a
generally accepted file format in ConTeXt, some systems process it, but
most don't.
As I process ConTeXt straight into pdf (in Windows, using the wincontext
distribution), I used jpg and png as bitmap file formats and that has been
successful this far - so you may want to try another figure file format.

See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/File_Formats for up-to-date information
about what formats work with what configurations, the information in at
least my version of the big manual (chapter 13) is partly obsolete.

Mari
(who's gotten her share of grey squares while working with ConTeXt...)