Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Peter Rolf wrote:
>>
>>> The document is a multi-layer (context, not pdf layer) mp-graphic with
>>> nested structures. So I have many boxes that are placed at specific
>>> positions (using \setlayer). Some content is collected in a buffer and
>>> then placed in a framed vbox (also by \setlayer). So this is not a
>>> simple story (at least not for me).
>>>
>>> I'll minimize the components of the xml source and then try to build the
>>> structure of the macros by hand. No fun, but still better than living
>>> without new context features. I'll start with this ASAP.
>>>

>> ok, thanks. could become part of the test suite then
>>

> Found it, but there will be no new part of the test suite. The problem
> is a simple register conflict. Do you use \dimen0 in your new overlay
> optimizations? :D
>
> I use \dimen0 for the automatic width calculation. The macro is grouped
> and I thought it is quite safe to do so. But the new beta showed me that
> I was wrong. If I remember it right (long ago) there were problems using
> \scratchdimen als parameter for \framed, so I changed the register. Can
> you please tell me what register I should avoid?

one can never be sure of the scratch dimensions (in this case i can see
if i can avoid it); so either define your own, or use grouping
> I hope you have not wasted too much time in that.

something

\dimen0=10pt
\contextcommand
the\dimen0

is ok when the command groups,

\dimen0=10pt
\contextcommand {... the\dimen0 ...}

is dangerous when the command uses the dimen

\dimen0=10pt

\expanded{\contextcommand {... the\dimen0 ...}}

is ok