Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> indeed, another option is to replace more of mp's color stuff by
>> context but then we may end up in other problems
>>

> I'm guessing that pdftex+lua will make it easier to meld tex and
> metapost.

not really, for that we need mp as a library (we did experiments with
simulating that but it's kind of tricky)

concerning lua ... i do have a mkiv file on my machine that uses lua to parse
the mp output (precursor to mp natively spitting out such code); currently its
a bit slower (two step conversion ps -> lua -> tex) but when using many pen
shapes its faster because then we don't need the tex based concat code; also,
less (and cleaner) code is needed for parsing