Hi,

is it possible that the ruby script version numbers are not always updated?

I am getting a 648 line diff file when I compare two different 1.3.3
versions of the ctxtools.rb file.

One of them, the smaller and older one, had some problems with quotes
around environment variables, and it couldn't really upgrade the system
because of a problem with unzip and execute permissions on texmfstart.rb

The other one has the same problem with execute permissions on
texmfstart.rb, ending in the *slightly* dutchified report():

unable to remak formats

Or is there a way to call texmfstart.rb from the unix stub files without
giving it execute permissions?

Jak.