On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> hm, can on esummarize what will break macros? (i was away for a week
>>> with time for email)
>>
>> A patch that I sent to Jeff. There is a problem with separators and
>> setuphead. I have summarized the problem and a possible patch in the
>> attached file. However, I do not know if it will break something in
>> multi-lingual documents (esp. Arabic), so I sent the patch with a
>> disclaimer.
> i took a quick look at it; the problem is that it will mess up other things;
> the period in fullsectionnumber is a placeholder that will be replaced later
> on; the actual code where things happen in \doseparatednumber and it's not
> that easy to hook level dependent separators in there
>
> (i will reimplement sectionnumbering some day soon due to some other pending
> issues)
>
> anyhow, here's another approach:
> [snip]

This does not work with references, \in[ref] still gives . as the
separator. Consider IEEE's journal and conference requirements

In the head only show the current number

Section        I.
Subsection     B.
Subsubsection  3)
paragraph      a)

While refereing to a section, use

Section       I
Subsection    I-A
subsubsection I-A.1
paragraph     I-A.1.a

The first part is easy

\setupsection[section-3][bodypartconversion=Romannumerals]
\setupsection[section-4][bodypartconversion=Character,
                          previousnumber=no]
\setupsection[section-5][bodypartconversion=numbers,
                          previousnumber=no]
\setupsection[section-6][bodypartconversion=character,
                          previousnumber=no]

\setuphead[section]
           [numbercommand={\groupedcommand{}{.}}]

\setuphead[subsection]
           [numbercommand={\groupedcommand{}{)}}]

I could never get the second part working and had to go back to Latex
:-( Hoping that your reimplementation is before my next deadline.

Aditya