Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I just learned that OOo 2.04 has a LaTeX export (downloading now). Any of
> you bright programmers up to writing a ConTeXt export (or porting the
> LaTeX filters to ConTeXt)?
>
> I'm quite serious: if anyone is interested I'll write (or help write) a
> grant proposal for it (I've already had some TeX-related proposals funded
> so...).
>
> Please write me if you are interested in a grant, or else we can just
> discuss it on dev-context@ntg.nl and get it done another way!

long ago for a project i played a bit with open office output (xml); the
best way do deal with it is to convert the xml into a proper document
structure instead of an office structure

there are  a few weird things in  oo's xml but when one uses proper
styles and limits the user's options to the sensible ones oo can even be
a nice editor for docs that are typeset by tex while previewing in oo
(whil eediting it is not needed to see the final output)

so one can think of: proper xml document definition, make oo stylesheet
for this, use oo for editing, convert oo xml to xml doc def, use tex for
typesetting

since i have no project that needs it i cannot spend time on it now