On Wednesday 29 November 2006 06:35, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > you need to make sure that only one run takes place and no utility
> > file
> > is processed
> >
> > --arrange
> >
> > normally will handle this for you
> >
> > Hans
>
> Hans,
>
> can you elaborate on this? Some days ago, I had a problem which I
> suspect had the same cause. I had prepared a bibliography for one of
> my classes with Taco's module; it typset beautifully. To save paper,
> I wanted to typeset two A5 pages on one A4 landscape page and used
>
> \setuparranging[2*2,rotated]
>
> After compiling, the bibliography was gone! I was in a hurry, so I
> simply undid the arranging and reverted to real cut-and-paste, but
> utility files seem like the obvious culprit.
>
> Best
>
> Thomas

I don't understand the disease but I know the cure.  I use two (or more)
internal modes thus:
--------------------------------------
\startmode[pruf]
\definepapersize[halff][width=5.0in,height=8.5in]
\setuppapersize[halff][letter]
\stopmode
\startmode[hal]
\definepapersize[halff][width=5.5in,height=8.5in]
\definepapersize[ful][width=8.5in,height=11in]
\setuppapersize[halff][ful]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
\stopmode
I run with  --mode=pruf
until  things come out right.
Then I run just one time with
--mode=hal --arrange

The earlier runs create the TOC etc. and the last run arranges the pages (and
also destroys the work files) But the TOC has already been added before the
"file-icide" takes effect.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting