Hans,

I think you may have misinterpreted my question. It seems \lastpage
holds the pagenumber for the last page. I think. If so, that's not
what I am looking for. The following code outputs eight pages. The
first seven pages have a pagenumber at the top of the page, i.e., 1,
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. However, the 8th page is completely blank.
There is no pagenumber at the top of the page. My question is: Why
not? Why isn't there a pagenumber on the 8th page? And what should I
do to get one?

\setupwhitespace[medium]
\setupindenting[medium,yes]

\definehead[answers][section]