On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> (abstract of Maarten-Jan's sample)
>
> > \usemodule[tikz]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > \startbuffer[tikz]
> > \starttikzpicture
> > \draw[red,thick] (0,0) -- (1,1)
> >            {[rounded corners] -- (2,0) -- (3,1)}
> >                 -- (3,0) -- (2,1);
> > \stoptikzpicture
> > \stopbuffer
> >
> > \placefigure
> >       {The figure is flushed left, whereas it should be centered.}
> >       {\externalfigure[tikz.tmp]}
> >
> > \stoptext
>
> Hello,
>
> I've been playing a bit with the most simple tikz examples so far, but
> after I saw this example I got an impression that ConTeXt users might
> also want to see syntax like
>
> \starttikzpicture[optional options]{name}
> \stoptikzpicture
>
> \usetikzpicture{name}
>
> in addition to the existing one, which would then be equivalent to
> syntax of including metapost graphics. There are dozens of other
> \start[whatever] commands defined in the module, but I have no idea
> what all of them do. Perhaps \startpgfpicture might be another command
> worth considering, but I have no idea about the rest.

Maybe commands along the line of metapost (so that everything is
easier to remeber)

\startreusablePGFgraphic
\startusablePGFgraphic
\startPGFcode
\startstaticPGFfigure ;)

and

\usePGFgraphic, \reusePGFgraphic, etc.

For proper integration, there should also be a mechanism to pass
\overlayheight and \overlaywidth to the pgfpicture, so that the
pgfpicture can use it.

I am just curious, does everyone use pgf for standalone graphic or has
someone also tried to use it with \framed[background=...], which works
for the most simple cases.

Aditya