Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm puzzled with an odd thing. If I try to adopt CSS-like coding style,

A rather short answer is possible: Don't do that :-)

Seriously: if it works, it is by conincidence only. I will note even
explain you the (current) rules,  because they may change tomorrow.

Always make sure that there is no whitespace surrounding your values,
nor whitespace trailing a key. Whitespace *before* a key is ignored,
but that is the only documented case where whitespace is irrelevant.

The inverse is also true, btw. If you actually need a space preceding
or trailing a value, you have to wrap the entire requested item in
a set of curly braces. There is no guarantee that the space will be
retained otherwise.

Cheers,
Taco