On 2007-02-17, at 18:45.0, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Interesting. Just a couple of points. Do not use the prefix m- for
> your modules. m- is reserved for modules in the core distribution. You
> can use t- (third party) if you want to distribute your module, or p-
> (personal) if you do not want to distribute your module.

Thanks - you can tell I took your advice to look at m-r.tex a bit too
far! ;-)

> Looking at the code, I do not think that you need \def\NL{NL}. Also
> \NL is an internal command used in tables.
>
> Finally, in the definition of \stopNLE, you can replace
> \input \NLfile.out with \typefile{\NLfile.out} in which case you will
> not need to escape all the special characters. ConTeXt will do it for
> you.

OK. In fact I originally had two commands - one for verbatim-text,
the other for generating material to be included in 'ordinary
paragraphs'.

I originally had the code examples output using the vim-module. It
worked great! But I just couldn't find a colour scheme that made the
code more readable - most of the things I tried just made it look
garish and less readable. Perhaps coloured syntax listings are too
personal a thing... (And yes, it did slow down the process a tiny
bit :-))

> Your manual looks good, and easy to read. I think I will give newlisp
> a try to try to understand what is the whole fuss about lisp anyway :)

Have fun!

thanks again to you and everybody who helped...