On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Dear cabal,
>
> Do any of you have any examples of tree charts done in, say, MetaFun? Are
> there any macros, libraries etc. for easy tree charts in \ConTeXt?
>
> Example:
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~anne/Aufl-Bilder/D7Tree.jpg

There are three ways you can do it in ConTeXt

1) Most features: pstricks (yes pstricks can be used with context, but
you always have to go the ps->pdf route)

2) Easiest syntax and prettiest looking output: tikz. You need one of
the recent versions of tikz that work fine with context (except some
of the exotic features, like adding arbitrary nodes to the page)

3) A very flexible system, but it takes a while to get used to the
syntax: Metaobj. You also need a workabound to get metaobj to run
correctly with metafun (search the mailing list for Taco's
reply on a mail with metaobj in the subject)

For things like this, my personal recommendation will be tikz. It is
not as powerful as metapost, since all the calculations are done in
tex, but the user interface is slightly easier to use than metapost,
and it has a good looking library of functions.

If you need something, quick and dirty, plain metapost with boxes
package will also work. There is also the flowchart module, but I do
not think that it can draw diagonal lines.

Aditya