On 2/21/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling against framed text and is beaten again.
>
> If the text below doesn't fit the page, it goes below footer and stops pdf
> file without explanations. After many experiments I should note that frame
> text is not user-tolerant construction at all, unlike the whole Context is.
> :(

Hans should probably answer the framed-tet related question. I was
also a bit disappointed last time when I figured out that framedtext
doesn't support breaking along pages. But then I discovered an
alternative:

\setupbackground[frame=on,rulethickness=0.7pt,corner=round,bodyfont=11pt,width=\textwidth]

\startbackground
\stopbackground

The only little problem is that background doesn't support
\definebackground yet, so you should either help yourself with
something similar to what I did:

\def\starthomework{\dosingleempty\dostarthomework}
\long\def\dostarthomework[#1]#2\stophomework
  {\bgroup
   \setupbackground[frame=on,rulethickness=0.7pt,
          corner=round,width=\textwidth]
   \startbackground
   {\bf Homework\doifsomething{#1}{: #1}}\switchtobodyfont[10pt]\crlf
   \stopbackground
   \egroup}

or ask someone here to extend the functionality (if you need that).
(I experinced some problems: a bit weird spacing around backgrounds
and buggy end of pages - but I didn't yet manage to post a bug
report.)

It would be nice if backgrounds would gain some functionality and if
they would be more consistent with framedtexts, but I didn't yet take
time to create a more extensive comparison (long
bug-report/feature-request list for Hans, or even Aditya, who likes
such challenges as well).

> \defineframedtext[assignment][rulethickness=0.7pt,
> corner=round, bodyfont=11pt, width=\textwidth]
>

> \startassignment
>
> Write an M-file which inputs matrixes $A$, $B$, initial $N$ and number of
> iterations, and which plots 3D bars.
>
> \startcolumns[n=3]
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule
>
> \par\thinrule

Why not simply \dorecurse{10}{\par\thinrule}?