Hi,

after my first installation was successful I am trying to install the latest
IPA-font from SIL (Charis -
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=IPAhome#Charis ).

I followed the instruction from the wiki:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installing_a_TrueType_font,_step_by_step

I downloaded the charis-font I decompressed the package and got following
files:
~/Schriftsysteme/IPA $ ls
CharisSIL4.100FontDocumentation.pdf  CharisSILB.ttf  FONTLOG.txt  README.txt
CharisSIL4.100.zip                   CharisSILI.ttf  OFL-FAQ.txt
CharisSILBI.ttf                      CharisSILR.ttf  OFL.txt

Then I entered the sucgested texfont-command:

~/Schriftsysteme/IPA $ texfont --ve=sil --co=charis --makepath --install *.ttf
/tmp/tex/texmf-linux/bin/texmfstart:2073: warning: Insecure world writable
dir /tmp/tex/texmf-linux/bin, mode 040777

TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

mktexlsr: Updating /tmp/tex/texmf-fonts/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.
       encoding vector : texnansi
           vendor name : sil
           source path : .
       font collection : charis
       texmf font root : /tmp/tex/texmf-fonts
         map file name : texnansi-sil-charis.map
           source path : .
      processing files : all in pattern CharisSILBI.ttf
    locating afm files : using pattern ./CharisSILBI.ttf.afm
    locating afm files : using otf files
         copying files : afm
         copying files : pfb
         copying files : otf
    processing aborted : no afm files found

                --help : show some more info

After this aborted texfont-command I have to run the mktexlsr-comand to
rebuild the font-structure - even to get the normal results without using the
new font. An example-file is attached to this email - without IPA-signs.

Did I missed a step or is texfont obsolete?

Thanks, H.
%\usetypescript[arial]
%\setupbodyfont[arial]

\definetypeface [MS][ss][sans] [arial]        [default][encoding=uc]
\setupbodyfont[MS, 11pt]

\starttext
Bonvenon mondo! :-)

ИЯЯЯЯЯЯЧСМИТ