I hve determined by trial and error that the multiline feature [nr=2] of
Natural Tables does not work well, if at all, in the TABLEhead area. But the
TABLEhead area is necessary for readable split tables. Currently I use single
lines in the header area and suppress some of the rules to create a multiline
effect thus:

\bTABLE [option=stretch,split=repeat]
\setupTABLE[r][1][height=0cm,width=0cm,frame=off]
\setupTABLE[c][1][width=1.7in]
\setupTABLE[r][2][bottomframe=off]
\setupTABLE[r][3][topframe=off]
\bTABLEhead
\bTR          %dummy row
\bTH \eTH
\bTH \eTH
\bTH \eTH
\eTR
\bTR         %first visible row
\bTH
{\bf Investment} \eTH
\bTH
{\bf Portfolio } \eTH
\bTH
{\bf Average Stock } \eTH
\eTR
\bTR
\bTH
{\bf Category} \eTH
\bTH
{\bf Allocation} \eTH
\bTH
{\bf  Market Exposure} \eTH
\eTR
\eTABLEhead
This example also uses the (apparently) obligatory dummy row as described by
others.

Natural Tables have been around for a while. It is unfortunate that no one has
come up with a real manual for these tables. All that exists are "learn by
example" documents, which do not describe limitations such as the one I worked
around in the above code.

John Culleton

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com