2007/3/11, Steffen Fritzsche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

hi,

I'm currently writing my diploma thesis with context. I already read the
wiki and searched the manuals but I didn't find something like a common
practice for defining new caption types.

My problem: I have a lot of code listings and I want to define a custom
caption type (named listing) and aggregate them into a own register. I
already set up a new register with

\defineregister [listing][Listing]

and it is also possible to place listings in this register with

\placelisting{
       \startJV
       \stopJV
}

but how can I add a custom caption to this listing? I'm thinking of
something like \placefigure. Or perhaps I must just setup placelisting.
Any Idea? Thanks in advance!

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

\definefloat[listing][listings]