Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> The awkward thing about this is that the chosen values are given by the
> publishers...

well, many designers and publishers are often not aware of these things
(actually, in most of the styles i make for publishers i end up with not
using any font or color system simply because there is no logic in the
choices made);

in luatex we can cheat by creating a virtual font with zero ht/dp glyphs
but in tex this is not possible without changing font metrics
> After some trying I saw that interlinespace[line=10.6pt] instead of 9.8pt
> would work. But this far beyond.
> The document I am working on is to be published as part of a series. So I
> can't change the footnote's interlinespace from 9.8pt to 10.6pt!

as suggested, you may try to change the ht/dp ratio and cross your
fingers that no ( ) are used (or math with superscript)
> Is there truly no other workaround?

no, it's like building a wall with 10cm heigh bricks and wanting 10 layers
mount up to 80cm