Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2007-05-04 um 16:06 schrieb Jörg Hagmann:
>
>>> You don't tell us which fonts you use and which TeX engine / output
>>> workflow.
>>>
>> I use gentium and -- for bold -- LinLibertine. I installed these fonts
>> myself with texfont.
>> The engine is pdftex (I think). I run "texmfstart texexec --pdf
>> myfile.tex".
>>

> Ok, no detour via DVI.
>
> Any error messages? Look after missing/unknown font messages in your
> logs!
> Show us your font setup!
> Look into the document properties, fonts tab, in Acrobat - any
> "original font" set to "Adobe Serif MM" or the like? What's the whole
> list?
>
> Sollen wir dir die Informationen einzeln aus der Nase ziehen?

I'm afraid you'll have to. (Sorry, but I'm simultaneously preparing a
lab course for Monday.)
I had a look at properties before (it says -- I am abbreviating --
Gentium, Gentium-Italic and LinLibertineB embedded subsets True Type etc.).

in the log i find: pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file GenR102.pfb): cannot
open Type 1 font file for reading

But I had also, before sending the file off, checked it on another
computer -- a simple PC notebook. It looks okay. I concluded the fonts
must be embedded. Maybe the printers need something else?

Cheers, Jörg