2007/5/10, Arthur Reutenauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > this shouldn't be a problem. ConTeXt is looking for project files in the
> > parent
>
>   Yes, it is; I experienced it myself just before Zhichu reported it to
> the list. I was told ConTeXt was supposed to search for files in the
> parent directory, too, but as it apparently didn't for t-setup.tex I
> came up with setting TEXINPUTS, which is of course a hack, but at least
> it enabled me to compile the manual. I didn't investigate further last
> night.
>
>   I use ConTeXt  ver: 2007.03.19 11:20 MKII  fmt: 2007.3.24  int:
> english/english

Hi Arthur,

I wasn't able to test my answer because I use myself a different file structure
for the beginners manual and never encountered this problem.

The better solution rather than making a TEXINPUTS entry is to put the
setup module
in the third party directory in your local TeX tree.

Gruß

Wolfgang