Thanks Hans for your response,

Hans Hagen wrote:
Vit Zyka wrote:
Hi Hans,

Jaroslav Hajtnar (in czech TeX list) encountered the problem with \input primitive redefinition. He uses a macro package for comma separated value file (CSV) inclusion. It redefines some catcodes and \endlinechar before start reading such file by \input. The problem is that during reading CSV the reading is interrupted by reading another file like

\readfilename ->pdfr-ec
(c:/TeXLive2005/texmf-context-a/tex/context/base/pdfr-ec.tex

ConTeXt macro \input takes care about catcodes but not about \endlinechar so in this situation the file pdfr-ec is read with wrong \endlinechar which causes error.

We believe that system solution is the ConTeXt takes care about \endlinechar when automatically starts reading some standard files. Please Hans can you look at it?

works ok here; i remember an issue but that was solved already (afaik); tex live 2005 is not that up to date -)

I did not test this with such museum-belonging ConTeXt. The problem preserves in the latest public version 2007-04-17. See very left bottom corner attached PDF (mkii).

a workaroun din an old version is to load pdfr-ec manually, so that it's read already when the cvs code shows up

We internally solve the problem (temporary redefining \input) but I believe that ConTeXt should follow more systemic solution.

in scancvs ... beware of redefining such core macros

yes, we did not want you solve possible problems of an usage such external (plain TeX designed) macros---only if we believe that the behavior looks like a ConTeXt bug and that can cause problems for other users.

in the latest version there are things like \pushcatcodes ... \popcatcodes and catcode tables (a simulation of the native luatex catcode table features);

I will look at this. But I have not entered a catcode problem in this case.

fyi: in luatex (and therefore context mkiv) doing things with data files will be easier

can you test with a recent context?

yes, it did not work, see attached files.

(there is a cvs module btw)

thanks for a remmembering. As I said: this mail is a suggestion to solve a general problem by systemic way.

Thanks
Vit